Saturday, July 4, 2009

PASALUBONG from MARINDUQUE: Things I Bought From Mariduque When I Returned Back HOME.

NOW I WILL BE LEAVING MARINDUQUE, so with the limited time I have, I roam around the center of the town. I went to BOAC CENTRAL MARKET and some Souvenir Shops in the town.

As a FILIPNO TRAIT of giving PASALUBONG (presents) when you are returning back home from travel. You are obliged to bring back some presents. So I decide to buy some pasalubong and the best thing I could ever buy from here is the Bagoong ng Marinduque or Bagoong Boac as the local call it. Unlike your regular shrimp paste Bagoong Boac, if I remember right, is made of fish and is more liquid than paste. but its the best especially with mangoes, believe me!


Then I went to some shop and found an Arrowroot Cookies which are Marinduque's specialty with the Rejano's Bakery brand the more known. Although the bakery is located in Sta. Cruz their product can be found in all areas of Marinduque and can be bought at the local markets or in souvenir shops. Packaging comes in different sizes: small, medium and large. the ones in the picture are medium-sized and if you are looking to buy more you can choose to buy those packed in cans. they're very tasty and one of my favorites to buy whenever I'm in Marinduque. For a medium-sized pack expect to pay P68.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment