Saturday, April 25, 2009

PISANG GORENG: A Yummy Delight from Malaysia and Singapore.

There is no love sincerer than the love of food. Well that would PROBABLY RIGHT after-all. Who can resist mouth watering and sumptuous dishes in front of you, right? We are deed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are.



When I'm in Singapore, a friend of mine introduced me this little bit extraordinary food they have, which they call "GORENG PISANG". Basically it is a simple dish, a sweet banana coated with batter and then deep fried. These BANANA FRITTERS is so yummy that will satisfy your hungry stomach.

In the Philippines we have so called "BANANA - Q" deep fried banana coated with brown sugar and some sesame seeds put on with a Barbecue Stick which very much different from this. Just like Banana - Q, Pisang Goreng is preferably served hot. I think it is better with Hot Tea or Hot Chocolate for my own preference. This kind of food are consumed by the middle class people nevertheless but doesn't mean everybody should not try this. Its quite unusual for me but I believe to be very good in a way that it combines this crispy batter coating and a soft sweet taste of the banana inside. I told my friend that this is new to me and next time I will try eating this with vanilla ice cream I said. Ha!Ha!Ha!

By the way, In Malaysia they call it "PISANG GORENG" while in Singapore they call it "GORENG PISANG", in either way they call it, its still the same thing anyway. Food which are basically been part of the many generations such as PISANG GORENG must be continually survive despite of the new FOOD and CUISINE that is introduce in the market. It is not just a food, It is our PAST, our HISTORY, our HERITAGE, our CULTURE that will be part of our LIVES FOREVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment