Thursday, April 16, 2009

My SINGAPORE's First IMPRESSIONS LASTS!


As I was to write a new blog regarding Singapore, and being new to this island city, I was worried that I would be a little bit over the top in lavishing praise in this article. Then suddenly an old TV Commercial popped into my mind. "The FIRST IMPRESSION LAST" was what it said. I guess for me it's always about first impressions. I trusted my instincts, I love to be prepared when partaking in new experiences or when going to new places. I don't like to prepare the psychology too much. I enjoy the psychology of the experience, but I also deal better from a first impression.


SINGAPORE? That's when you come home from abroad and are asked: Well, how you find Singapore? And if I then slap my head and wonder why I hadn't thought about that - that's when the impressions emerge from the back of my head, those same impressions that had sunk in when I first arrived in sunny Singapore. I will probably stick with my impressions; these are a part of the experiences I have had and surely they will answer everything.




"The LION CITY", this is my first time coming to Singapore via COACH from Kuala Lumpur. It was about 5 hours of travel. It was a great experience for me in an odd sort of way - to enter another country via land. I am staying with a friend in the EAST part of SINGAPORE. Though we were tired from the coach (Star Cruises) ride into Singapore, I was still able to take in the sights of city life in Singapore as we traveled via MRT to my friend's lodging. We arrived late and had our dinner before retiring for the night.


On my first day, my friend introduced and oriented me on everything about life in Singapore and especially how to make my way around. This was good as I can then roam around places in Singapore by myself. It is very easy and convenient. We started by buying an EZ-LINK card and I learnt how to top up the cash value of the card. This little wonder allows me access to the main public transport systems in the country, including public buses and the MRT. In other words, I can just about get to anywhere in Singapore with just an easy tap of this EZ-LINK card. Having stayed in Singapore for just a few days, I can conclude that it is the best, if not probably the one of the most organized URBAN COMMUNITIES here in ASIA. A clean and green environment coupled with courteous, well-disciplined people - these add up to its shortlist of best attributes as a country.



Travelling by myself had never been a problem. Even if there was any trouble, it wouldn't have been a problem because most Singaporeans can speak and understand ENGLISH, very impressive indeed. There are no dull moments here as there are a lot of places and things to do. If you are a SHOPAHOLIC you will probably go to the famous ORCHARD ROAD a shopping district, where you will be delighted with all the things you will find there - from electronics, gadgets, to fashion and accessories - the variety will surely blow you away. If you are a PHOTOGRAPHY ENTHUSIAST, you will probably like to take a peek on architectural landmarks and interesting places here. There's the MERLION, the SINGAPORE ZOO with its world famous NIGHT SAFARI, SENTOSA, the ESPLANADE - THEATER on the Bay, Marina |Bay, CHINA TOWN and LITTLE INDIA. Viewing the NIGHT SKYLINE of the city from atop the SINGAPORE FLYER will give you an astonishing detail of this Island Country. For FOOD LOVERS, don't worry for this is a place for gastro appetizing buddies. Singaporean cuisine is a fusion and diversity of Malay, Chinese, Indian and Tamil cuisine that will surely give you a full pack stomach.


A great value for the FIRST TIMER to this beautiful island nation. So if asked "Why SINGAPORE?" Well as to my first impression - it's CLEAN, ORGANIZED, ACCESSIBLE; A LOT OF THINGS TO SEE AND DO, definitely a HAVEN for TRAVELLERS LIKE ME. FIRST IMPRESSIONS INDEED LAST.


#singapore #travelsingapore #whattodoinsingapore #wheretogoinsingapore #thelioncity #merlion #changiairport #marinabay #orchardroad #singaporezoo

No comments:

Post a Comment